Wednesday, November 2, 2016

October 31st - "Nararamdaman ang Espiritu" Week 75

Kumusta ka? Well this week was fantastic! The highlight has definitely been working with my hijita. Her name is Hermana Macaballug and is from Quezon City in the Philippines. She basically came pre trained...which has made my life a lot easier. She is trying to teach me Tagalog but I'm not having much luck. 

This week was so much fun. Hermana M makes me laugh tons and it has also been really fun to think back to the beginning of my mission and think about far I've come as a person and missionary. 

We got here on Thursday morning and I could tell Hermana M was super tired. She took a nap in the afternoon, but on Friday was just as tired. We went to an investgators to teach a lesson and when I finished saying the prayer we all looked up (me, Andrea, and the member that was with us) and Hermana M was zonked. We couldn't get her to wake up and she was snooring the whole time. So Hermana Paola helped me teach the lesson while she got a little afternoon nap in. 

It has been super cool to see how real the gift of tongues is. I have seen it in my life but I'm seeing it in her life as well. She understands really well and can always find the way to get her point across and isn't scared to talk. She jumps right in during lessons. The best part though is seeing how real speaking the spiritual language is thought. She may not recite the 1st vision perfectly or explain super well the concepts but the spirit is always there and we have found super receptive people lately. I'm so grateful to have her as my comp these last few weeks. 

The highlight of the week was Ignacios baptism! On Tuesday night while I was traveling to Antofa, bishop called me and told me he had interviewed Maurucio and that he was worthy to baptize Ignacio. So Mauricio was able to baptize his brother and it was so cool seeing how in the process of reactivateing someone we were able to baptize! Yesterday was Ignacios birthday and he receive the best birthday present ever! THE HOLY GHOST! and THE PRIESTHOOD! And as Maricio blessed the sacarament I couldn't help but get all teary eyed and feel so grateful that God had used me to help 2 brothers progress together in the gospel. 

Anyways, I love you all so much and hope you have a very happy halloween. It's just another normal day here which is weird...till next week!


Hermana Freedman




No comments:

Post a Comment