Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Nov 14th, 2016 - "The Restoration" Week 77

Hey everyone! 
This week, we had some really neat experiences here in Zapahuira. I was able to live one of my lifelong dreams and play the piano in the primary program. I don't know why I always wanted to do that so badly but now I'm content because this Sunday I was able to play for the primary program.

Rosalia didn't come to church yesterday but we had a super awesome lesson with her on Tuesday. I was on an exchange with Hermana Walstrohm and we went planning to teach her faith. During the prayer I felt strongly that we should talk about repentance so we read from Alma 34. She started sharing really spiritual experiences she had had and the differences she had seen and felt in her life since we had stopped visiting her. Then the conversation naturally switched to baptism and she chose her baptismal date! It was great for me to see how she was acting her faith. Now we just have to help her come to church....but Tuesday was definite progress. 

The Avendaños are honestly ready to be baptized but they just won't choose to do it. This past week we went and talked about the priesthood since we are reviewing everything with Ignacio. 
Paula and Ignacio came to church this week but Mauricio waited outside. Tonight we have an FHE planned and with the ward coucil have made plans to fellowship them really well. 

I also was able to visit Costanera yesterday to say bye to a few people. It was great to see old faces and catch up!

The highlight of this week was a lesson we had on Saturday night. We went to the house of a less active named Gary. I don't remember if I mentioned him before but his older brother has down syndrome and about 2 weeks ago got really sick and was hospitalized. Becuase of that the rest of Gary's family has been really receptive to the gospel. We had been stopping by lots to pray and share spiritual thoughts but on saturday when we got there there was a group of 15 people, family and friends all there waiting for us to pray with them. We prayed and were able to teach the restoration. As I stood up (since it was in a big room with a big group) to share the restoration the spirit filled the room, but in a way I had never felt before on my mission. Everyone was silent and listening attently. Tears filled my eyes as I testified of the restoration and eternal families. Hands down one of the best experiences on my mission. 

This week I have really pondered on a scripture in Isaiah 40:28-31. Its something Hermana Ferreira shared with me. 

 28 ¶Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that theeverlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searchingof his understanding.
 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.
 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
 31 But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew theirstrength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Looking back on my mission I have gone through times where I have felt tired, or that I'm not doing enought but I can testify that the Lord has walked with me every step of the way. We will never be perfect but we have the potential of a God. We can reach the highest hights thanks to Christ and his atonement. I love you all more than I can describe! 


Hermana Freedman






No comments:

Post a Comment