Monday, November 28, 2016

November 21, 2016 - "The End is Close But Far From Done!" Week 78

Alo!

As the weeks are winding down I feel I am seeing more and more miracles. This week we had a ward activity and it was a talent show. Hermana M and I sang in Tagolog which was definteily a challenge (theres a reason I was called to speak spanish and not something different...) but it was super fun. This ward is awesome! 

This week we visited Pablo a few times since his grandma has been stuggling a bit. But when we got to Pablos house he ran up and hugged me and then told me he had been really sad and hadn't wanted to come to church. I asked why and he whispered, I'm not good enough, I always make mistakes. I think when he said that it really made sense to me why we baptize after we are 8 years old. I was able to see how concious Pablo is of the necesity it is to have our savior Christ because none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes. We were able to talk about repentance and Pablo has started coming to church again! 

Rosalia came to church this sunday and bishop talked to her about her baptism and she's excited for this weekend! We also went to her house this week and read Mosiah 18 together and were able to talk about the importance of enduring to the end. 

The whole AvendaƱo family came to church yesterday!!!!! It was a miracle! On Monday we had an FHE with another family in the ward and talked about faith. Ending the lessons Mauricio asked to speak and started crying as he shared his testimony of the gospel. He mentioned the changes he has seen in his life and also expressed his desire to be baptized. He's still not sure exactly when but at least he's gotten to the point where he wants to do it. At church yesterday the ward did an awesome job fellowshipping them. We also stopped by their house after church and talked about family history work and eternal marriage. It was such a great lesson and sister AvendaƱo started telling us tons of stories about her family and pulled out pictures. I know the spirit of Elijah really is spreading throughout the world! We talked a little about choosing a baptism date which they still aren't sure on but I know their moment will come. I'm beyond happy for their family and their progress (even if I may not be here for their baptism). 

Also we visited one of our newer investigators yesterday. His name is Jean Pierre. Previously we had just contacted him and shared a Book of Mormon. Anyways we stopped by becasue we had some missed calls from him in the morning. He told us that he was outside the church but wasn't completely sure it was the right church so he didn't go in! But we taught lesson 1 and he accepted everyting AL TIRO like they say in Chile. He told us he wants to be baptized and has a baptismal date! 

Have the greatest week! Heres a scripture I loved from my study this week! D&C 103.9

 9 For they were set to be a light unto the world, and to be the saviors of men;

I know that we have all been sent here to help others come to know the gospel. Christ is our savior and it is our job that our brothers and sister can come to know him, love him, and serve him!


Hermana Freedman

No comments:

Post a Comment