Wednesday, November 2, 2016

October 24th - "Birthdays, Baptisms and Babies" Week 74

Aloooo! How's everyone doing! I hope the answer is fantastic because if you asked me I would definteily say fantastic! This week was super exciting. I don't even know where to start. 

We worked between our ward and Hermana Larsons ward this week but I'm not sure how. Heavenly Father made our days longer and we were able to accomplish lots. This week we found lots of new investigators and I was really able to see how God prepares people to hear the gospel. On Thursday the whole zone worked in an area ¨pukarani¨and Hermana Gemin and I didn't have to do anything. We were literally led to house after house where they let us in. It was incredible. We were able to help the hermanas in the area and found lots of new investigators and set baptismal dates. That was such a fun experience. In our area we also found new investigators too. 

Mauricio and his family are doing super well. Mauricio (dad) had his birthday this week so Hermana Gemin and I made a giant birthday poster and decorated his car, then called to sing to him, and at night they invited us over for a bit to celebrate with them. But the most exciting news is that Iganacio (Maricios litte brother) is going to be baptized this Saturday!!! It was a miracle. On Tuesday we went over with plans for his parents to have their baptismal interviews. They ended up leaving and left our zone leader with Marucio and Ignacio. Since there wasn't a woman in the house we couldn't enter but our zone leader went in and started talking to the 2 of them. Ignacio, usually wasn't super participative but our zone leader invited him to have his interview and he accepted. HE PASSED! And when his parents got back and he told everyone he had made the choice to be baptized it was crazy! Maruicio (less active) was beyond excited as were Hermana Gemin and I. They invited us to lunch yesterday and we were able to repass a few of the commandments and plan his baptism and everything. His parents are also so close, but don't want to have their interviews quite yet because there are a few changes they aren't quite willing to make in their lives. 

Michael, the new investigator we found last week is also progressing tons. This week he wasn't able to come to church since yesterday there were elections in Chile and he was called to count votes in Putre which is a pueblito about 2 hours from Arica. On Saturday we had a lesson with Michael and a less active member we are working with. We taught the restoration and the word of wisdom. He had read the book of mormon before the lesson and also told us that he has a smoking problem but committed then and there to stop smoking. Every time we talk to him he tells us that he's excited to be baptized and that the desire is there. 

So now that I've talked about birthdays, and baptisms, here comes the last part. 

We got transfer calls on Friday and Hermana Gemin left to Copiapo this morning. I will be staying here in Zapahuira with my brand new guagua (baby). I will finish my mission training which I'm so excited about. I travel to Antofa this wednesday to pick up my new companion. I'm so excited to be with a new missionary because there is a special spirit that new missionaries have. They have a vision that sometimes I think its easy to lose after weve been out for more time. 

I love you all so much and hope you have the best week! Have fun carving pumpkins and drinking apple cider!


Hermana Freedman





No comments:

Post a Comment