Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 22nd, 2016 - Week 65 "She's So Close!"

Hey! 
This week was great. We definitely passed through lots of trials of our faith but that's a good thing. I have gained an appreciation for life's trials here in the mission. 

Rosalia wasn't baptized this weekend. To make a long story short, we moved earth and heaven to help her get her baptismal interview, just for her to tell us that she didn't want to be baptized till the next week. If she doesn't meet her goal for this weekend we might have to stop visiting her for a while. We have been praying quite a bit to know what to do. But shes so close!!!! 

We found a new investigator this week Juana. She is the most humble person I have ever met. Her story is pretty sad. When she was 14 she was forced by her now parents in law to marry. She had her first baby at age 17 and she died 2 months later of fever. Her mom passed away shortly after. She was abused by her husband and they separated but a few months later she had her second baby. She now lives with her daugter in Chile. She has 6 step siblings and lives with a step sister and since she has nothing, she works for her. They have a salad business so when we go we always help her peel celery and then teach a lesson. She is so prepared to receive the gospel. This Sunday she had it all planned out to go to church but when we went to pick her up her step sister wouldn't let her leave the house. 

This week I had exchanges with Hermana Reneer who is the sweetest! I love living with 2 more Hermanas. Finishing our exchange we had a zone attack [I think this means all the missionaries concentrate their efforts in one area] in Los industriales (another ward in our zone). I was able to keep working with Hermana Reneer and we set 3 baptismal dates! It was an afternoon full of miracles. 

Today we played soccer as a zone and then had lunch with Familia Vasquez and it is so fun seeing people from Costanera! 

Also today I was reading in Jacob 4 and verse 3 stood out to me. 

 3 Now in this thing we do rejoice; and we labor diligentlyto engraven these words upon plates, hoping that ourbeloved brethren and our children will receive them withthankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learnwith joy and not with sorrow, neither with contempt,concerning their first parents.

After reading that my heart was filled with gratitude for the scriptures. I know the book of mormon is true and I feel so grateful for such convincing evidence of the restauration of the gospel. I am also grateful for prophets and all they do for us. I felt specifically grateful for the book of mormon prophets and their sacrifice writing and protecting the gold plates. 

Les quiero! Que les vaya bien en su primera semana de clases! [I love you! I hope that everything goes well in your first week of class!]


Hermana Freedman


No comments:

Post a Comment