Tuesday, July 26, 2016

July 25th, 2016 - Week 61 "Servicio"

Hola Familia! 

Today was another great p-day. As a zone we went to Caldera and played soccer at Bahia Inglesia. It was a blast and it's starting to warm up here in Copiapo. Winter is starting to come to an end. Hermana Chamorro and I are still working our hardest. 

We had 6 investigators at chuch again, and Maria Jose and Kiara are really progressing. We are hoping to set a baptismal date with Maria Jose and Kiara soon since we now have permission from President Ferreira. They went to primary for the first time too and loved it! We are trying to focus on getting the ward really involved so that when they are baptized they will stay active in the church. 

Aurora is progressing slowly. She has a hard time making choices and it's hard for her to see the need to look for the spirit outside of her house when she can more comfortably feel it when we come over and she doesn't have to leave her comfort zone. But the Book of Mormon is a powerful tool and as she reads more and more her testimony will start to grow. We had a powerful lesson on baptism and confirmation this week but there's still something missing. Maybe a member...but it's been difficult since she told us it's not ok to bring members with us to her house and she never accepts invitations to family home evening.

This week Hermana Chamorro and I looked for lots of service opportunities and it made me so happy serving others! There are so many small ways to serve and I don't know why but I feel like mostly everyone asked us to wash their dishes this week. Haha but Hermana Chamorro and I had fun washing dishes together. I was really impacted by the difference in my animo (or excitement?) throughout the day when we had done service. I have a strong testimony that God blesses us when we serve his children. 

We will be receiving transfer calls this weekend. I'm not sure what will happen but it might be time for me to leave Copíapo....we will see what President thinks. It will be sad working with a different companion since Hermana Chamorro and I get along so well but I'll be happy with whatever happens. 

I hope you have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Freedman



No comments:

Post a Comment