Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Sept 12, 2016 - "Semana de la Patria" Week 68

Halo Familia y Amigos!

Another transfer has come to an end but I will be staying here in Zapahuira with Hermana Gemin. We are both super excited to be able to work together for 6 more weeks!!! And, the best part is that we get to pass Fiestas Patrias together!!! We are both super excited for the 18th (I have only been talking about it for a month now...).

This week we finished teaching Pablo and Anet all the lessons and they have their baptismal interviews this week!!! As usual, we have run into a few problems but this time with her grandma but Hermana Gemin and I are working with the ward to get things figured out to meet the goal we have set with them! 

Mauricio came to stake conference yesterday! His family took us, but we couldn't convince them to get out of the car and come too. Little by little... Mauricio has been reading his scriptures every day. We have been trying to work with the ward to help his family but the problem is that when we invite members to our lessons for whatever reason their family stops progressing. Its a weird situation. 

Mariela is still progressing. Last monday we had a lesson with her. I went determined to help her understand the importance of being baptized and when we starting asking her questions she started responding and letting my pride get the best of me, thought I could convince her to be baptized....that never works and it was one of those moments where Heavenly Father really humbled me. At one point I asked a question and felt the spirit prompt me to start talking about forgiveness. I couldn't see what that had to do with our lesson on baptism so I asked her son who is a convert what his hopes were for his mom were. He said that he didn't want her to be baptized...the lesson crashed and we achieved nothing. I felt horrible, and we left her house both upset with what we had done. I immediately prayed asking forgiveness and Heavenly Father gave me another chance. We were able to enter Mauricios house and we taught the plan of salvation. The spirit was present, we asked INSPIRED questions, and they accepted a baptismal date! It was a great learning experience and never again do I want to let myself get in the way of the work. Later in the week we were able to return to Marielas and talk about what we should have taught. We talked about forgiveness and she opened up about other things that have been going on in her life that have been impeding her progress!


Alma 26 vs 12: "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my own strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

You should all celebrate Chile this week! That would be cool. Ill be celebrating too!

Chao!

Hermana Freedman



No comments:

Post a Comment