Tuesday, May 10, 2016

May 9th - Week 50 "Stuck In the Middle of the Desert"

Alo Familia! 

It was so great to talk to you yesterday and I'm glad everyone is doing so well. This past week was so great and super busy but we definitely ended off the transfer well. Also transfer calls are in and I will be closing my sector and moving to the ward next door, Maray. My companion will be Hermana Chamorro from Argentina. 



Last Monday we tried to go sandboarding. Bishop took us and the Chañarcillo hermanas to the dunes, or I should say tried to take us to the dunes but the car broke down in the middle of the highway.  We ended up waiting for an hour and a half in the middle of the desert for the car engine to cool down so we could get going again. We decided to make the best of it and just took pictures instead.



This week Beatriz and her daughter came to church! It was so great to have them there, but I'm a little bummed I won't be able to be at church with them in the future now that I'm going to Maray. It will be a little rough working right next door when I still have so many people to help in Pimientos!!!

Javiera is doing well, but we can't seem to help her get to church. She is progressing in every other aspect but just can't make it to church for some reason. Hopefully I can keep calling her and encouraging her to make it now that I won't be there. 

This week we also had Leadership Council in Antofagasta. It ws great to hear from President and we talked a lot about the importance of the Book of Mormon. I am thoroughly convinced that if we read it and abide by its precepts we will grow so much closer to our savior! I have seen that in my mission!!!


I also had an intercambio with Hermana San Martin this week in Maray to get to know sector a bit better and it was so fun to work with her again. And obviously we ended the night with sushi! For a minute I felt like i was back in Tocopilla.

It was hard saying bye to Hermana Caballero yesterday but I'm excited for her to see her family again and know she has done so much in her time in the mission. It was pretty great because we kept working till the last minute. We even committed a brand new investigator to baptism yesterday! The bishop and his wife invited us to eat once after we skyped yesterday. The bishop's wife made pan amasado. Mmmm, so yummy. After, we took Hermana Caballero to the bus station and sent her off. It was a good fulfilling transfer and I'm happy to have such great memories with her in Pimientos.


This next week will also be a little crazy, packing up the old house and moving everything to Maray, getting to know a new, huge sector, and my companion doesn't get here till Tuesday at 4 in the morning. Definitely working on little sleep. Love you all so much!

Hermana Freedman

No comments:

Post a Comment