Monday, May 2, 2016

May 2nd - Week 49 "Los 33"

Hello Everyone!
This past week was pretty eventful. On Monday we went to the Mina San Jose, the site of the Chilean mining accident a few years ago. Now that I've seen the mine in real life all I haven't seen is the movie. Haha. It was pretty cool to see all the different parts of the mine, especially the entrance and we had fun with the Hermanas from Maray.

I had an intercambio with Hermana MacDonald this week!!!! I was so excited and she is the cutest, most happy missionary I have ever met. I couldn't help but be happy my whole time with her. We had some good lessons and learned lots together. But...holy cow we froze to death at night. On Wedneday morning, after not sleeping we found a broken window that lets all the cold air in. And there is some weird clicking noise. They definitely need to get that figured out. The next day our mamita here in Pimientos asked us why I looked so tired and I told her I didn't sleep since it was so cold. She gave me a onesie to start sleeping in haha. But at least I've been sleeping a little warmer!

The mamita also had her birthday this week. Hermana Caballero and I made her a birthday crown and we went and sang and had cake together.

As far as investigators go:
Javiera came to church this week! We had a lesson with her on Thursday about keeping the Sabbath holy and she committed to come to church (she had left us planted 2 Sundays in a row). We called her Sunday morning and she didn't answer so we decided to go to her house. We had been fasting that she could make it to church but when we got to her house nobody answered. We turned around to start walking to church and she came walking towards her house! She had spent the night at her grandparents and was just getting back. We convinced her to grab breakfast fast and come with us! Now that shes gone once I don't think it will be as hard for her to come again.
I don't remember what I've said about Beatriz but she is the cutest Hermana that is really passing through a hard time as she struggles with panic attacks. But she has been reading her Book of Mormon and the other day shared her testimony with us of the peace she feels when she reads it! She always has lots of good questions. The only problem is she isn't married and we can't seem to find a time to share with her boyfriend and their daughters too.
This week we had a lesson with 2 less active Natalia and Mario. They are siblings and have been inactive for over 35 years. We talked about faith and at the end of the lessons Mario offered the prayer! It was so powerful and he was smiling from ear to ear! After he commented that he hadn't prayed out loud in over 15 years and he thanked us for stopping by. It was a tender mercy of the lord that we just happened to visit them when he was visiting his mom's house.
Today I studied alma 26 and was really touched by Ammon's testimony!

22 Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.
I feel so grateful that I can be serving her in Copiapo helping my brothers and sisters receive the gospel!

I'm so excited to talk to you on Sunday!!!! And this week we will be getting transfer calls too! You are all in my prayers!
Love you!
Hermana Freedman











No comments:

Post a Comment