Monday, May 30, 2016

May 30th - Week 53 "Has It Really Been One Year?"

Hola!!! ¿Como estan? 

This week was a little bit slower especially since Hermana Chamorro has been a little under the weather but it gave me the chance to really focus on my faith and make the best of everything, and after all is said an done it was a good week. 

To start off with a funny story, Hermana C and I still have the old cellphone from Pimientos that we are waiting to turn in on Friday when we got to Antofagasta. We haven't turned it off because often we look for numbers and stuff like that. The other day the phone rang and the zone leaders from the other zone were calling. I answered and said hi and asked what he needed. He was trying to get a hold of the elders in Pimientos and had called the wrong phone without noticing. He thought I was an elder trying to mess around with him and started talking in a girl voice. I busted up and I think when he realized he was actually talking to the hermanas he was mortified. Haha. 

This week I had a cool experience with the Book of Mormon. I decided to write my testimony in a BOM and give it away to a street contact. I wrote my testimony and the next few days prayed for guidance in giving it away. As I left the pension on Thursday with my BOM I was just waiting for the right person. I felt prompted to give it to a woman who we found out was named Veronica. She is Catholic and randomly started talking about how much she loves reading. I gave her the BOM and she got really excited. She didn't end up giving us any information but I definitely felt like the spirit had guided me, and that that was an important moment in her conversion process. 

This week we visiited Beatriz in Pimientos and she is progressing tons!!!! She loved reading the BOM and I'm happy the elders have kept visiting her. She has been talking more and more about baptism and we just need for her boyfriend to agree to get married. 

Gladys is so close to being baptized we are still just waiting on a few little details but she continues to change for the better. Also Elli has decided to find a different house and stop living with her friend which is a miracle!!!! One step closer to baptism. 

We found a new familiy this week, Yovana and her 2 kids. Yovana has been passing through lots of trials recently and we were able to teach the Plan of Salvation. They accepted a baptismal date for the 25th of June. Only bummer is they didn't show up at church yesterday but we will see what ended up happening. 

We also have been trying to contact people from the area book and found un registro for a boy named Matias who had had one lesson with the missionaries before. We wrote down the address and went to contact him and when the boy answered the door we asked for Matias. He told us it was him and we started explaining that we were the new hermanas. He was super confused and told us he had never shared with missionaries before. The hermanas had written down the wrong address but it just so happened that there was a Matias in the address that had written! He is atheist and believes a lot in science. We shared about the gospel of Christ and committed him to experiment and pray to see if God really exists. He got pretty excited to experiment and asked us to come back. 

This next week will be super short being that Tuesday is our last zone conference with President Dalton (so sad) and Friday we are going to Antofagasta for our last leadership conference with president as well. I have loved my time with President Dalton and have learned so much. 

Today I was studying a talk President wrote and he quoted Elder Maxwell when he said,  the submission of one’s will is really the only uniquely personal thing we have to place on God’s altar. The many other things we “give,” brothers and sisters, are actually the things He has already given or loaned to us. However, when you and I finally submit ourselves, by letting our individual wills be swallowed up in God’s will, then we are really giving something to Him! It is the only possession which is truly ours to give!
Consecration thus constitutes the only unconditional surrender which is also a total victory!
I loved that and love how President's focus has been on consecration and giving everything we have to the lord. I know that as we give our will to him we will find true happiness and really be worthy of receiving the greatest gift of all, eternal life.
Que tengan una buena semana! Estan en mis oraciones!!!
Hermana Freedman

Hot Chocolate with Hna Chamorro
Yes, we have are teaching someone on top of that hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment