Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016 - Week 31 "Feliz Ano Nuevo!!!"

Wow!!!! So much happened this week!!!! I don't even know where to start!

First off, Happy New Year! New years here was pretty great. Here in Tocopilla lots of people build "monos" and at midnight they burn them. On New Years Eve a member drove us around Tocopilla to look at some of the monos. Some of them are huge! A member brought us a traditional new years dinner to the pension and Hna. Challco and I ate our midnight dinner together. At midnight Tocopilla was covered in fire. There were fires everywhere, and also fireworks, and wish lanterns. I don't know how Tocopilla didn't burn down to be honest. But it was a fun experience. The not so fun experience was not sleeping because there were music and fireworks all night. 



On January 1st Tocopilla was empty, all day! I counted and we walked past 22 people in the street, in total....There was nobody. Somehow we managed to have a few lessons though which was good. 

On Wednesday I officially became a "mamita" and I am so excited to be training! It will be a great experience and I will learn so much. On Wednesday I went to Antofagasta and we had a few meetings with President Dalton. It was fun to be there because 2 hnas from my group are also training, and also Hna. Clawson and Roldan!!! We were only missing Hna. Espinoza and we would have had all the Costanera Hermanas there! When all the greenies walked in...one of them had on the same dress. I just pretended not to be embarrassed...we had a little "MCA who wore it better". (just kidding, and anyways, Hna. Pebble wore it better. But maybe they should start doing that in the mission news letter. Just like the magazines) 


I will be training Hna. Challco. She is from Cuzco, Peru and is a convert of 2 years. She is super soft spoken, really humble, and the sweetest. I will learn a lot. We get along really well which is great. 

As far as the work goes:
-On Monday and Tuesday I worked with Fernanda, a member here in Tocopilla. She served her mission in Utah! It was fun she talked in English the whole time, and I spoke in Spanish! We had 2 days full of miracles and found 8 new investigators!!!

-Darinkat and Jacqueline aren't progressing which is a bummer. All our appts with Darinkat have fallen through but we will keep trying

-But....as of right now we will be having a baptism on the 16th!!!! His name is Manuel and he found us! Miracles!!! We had 4 lessons with him this week, he has been to an FHE with the YSA, and came to church yesterday. He has faced a lot of challenges in his life but is so willing to change! In just 7 days I have seen him change so much! I am so excited for him. The other day we also went to teach a lesson and his grandma sat in and listened. She told us that she found Manuels BOM the other day, so she started reading it. She told us that its better than the Bible and that she wants to keep reading. I have so much faith that we can help both of them progress!!! 

-We also are going to start teaching a woman named Diana this week and her son. Her mother in law is a member and Diana is an old investigator. She recently got married so now she can be baptized! We found her on new years when we decided to pass by as a plan z. Long story short, we ended up eating BBQ with them, sharing a scripture, and committing her and her son to be baptized! I left pretty happy. Hopefully we will see progress with her!

I hope you all have a great new year and keep up the good work with your resolutions!!!

Love,
Hermana Freedman



No comments:

Post a Comment