Wednesday, March 30, 2016

March 29th - Week 43 "The Best Goodbye Ever"

Hello Family and Friends!
I know I'm a few days late but hope you all had a happy Easter!!! This week was crazy but definitely one of the best weeks yet!
On Tuesday we went to Calama for zone conference. It was really great and President talked a lot about humility and faith. He definitely got me thinking and there is so much more I can be doing to grow in that aspect of my life!
This week on Friday we were able to travel to Antofagasta with Cata, Katy, and Mariana (Cata's mom) for their baptismal interviews! We had so much fun and the best part was that they passed!!!!
Saturday was awesome! We had 3 baptisms!!!! Armenia, Cata, and Katy. It was such a special day and the spirit was so strong. I was able to speak to them about the importance of baptism and it was even cooler that they were baptized and confirmed during Easter week. Even more symbolic of the death and resurrection and their new lives that they have started. It was priceless seeing their faces as they came up out of the water. And I'm happy to say that the water was perfect, as opposed to last time. 

We found a new investigator this week who is golden. She has already come to church twice just because she wants to so we finally were able to have an appointment with her and we taught the restoration. She cried the whole time as we testified that she could have a new life and she accepted a baptismal date for the 16th! I am happy that Hna. Challco has a few progressing investigators to work with in Tocopilla.
Also....I have been transferred to Copiapo. My ward is los pimientos and my companion is Hermana Caballero from Paraguay. She is super great and this is her last transfer in the mission. We will be Sister Training Leaders together! Copiapo is nice and surprisingly really green. I know I will love it here.
It was definitely hard saying bye to Tocopilla. I love Tocopilla and even more the people there. It was hard saying bye to Armenia, Cata, Katy, and Mariana....and all the branch members. But this is how the mission goes.
Sorry I don't have tons of time to write today. but I hope everyone is doing well and enjoy conference weekend!
This past week I loved watching Aleluya with so many people. I love the part that says "todos seran vivificados" or all shall be made alive. Vivificados is maybe my favorite word in Spanish. I love the idea that we can always find new life. Literally through the resurrection but in any moment that we feel a need to repent we can repent and find new life. If we feel sad. Thanks to Christ we can feel peace. I know Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior. I know we will all be resurrected and that really families can be forever! I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the opportunity I have to share it with the people here in Copiapo!!!
Love,

Hermana Freedman







No comments:

Post a Comment